Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A song for someone who needs somewhere to long for...

So I haven't posted on here in a while and was feeling like I should. I have been feeling really antisocial and independent as of late and not really wanting to be around people in general. Not really sure where thats coming from but as for now I am just gonna run with it. I know that this has and may be hurting some people's feelings but I really don't know what to do about that. Since the beginning of the year I have been trying to keep my distance from people, I think because I am scared to let anyone back in to the extent of where I have let others in the past. However the more I try to stay away the more people seem to want be around me and hang out. I never thought I'd be this way in my entire life but the more I am single the more it just seems to be making sense to me that if I don't let anyone in to close then I can't get hurt. Although in the long run this may not be a good thing it may end up scaring and pushing a lot of people away in the short run its keeping me safe and sane. Besides the fact that I don't think I have the patience, time, or energy to worry so much about another person. I have a hard enough time looking after myself and keeping up on things. Except at the same time if I didn't have those friends and people wanting to be around me that I would probably go off the deep end. I guess through all of the things that have happened in the past 4-5 months I've realized that 1) If someone doesn't want to be with you then you can't make them. 2) If someone doesn't want to be loved by you or by anyone in general then you can't force them to be. 3)And lastly that no matter what even if those people don't want anyone or anything around them that just being there for someone when they are at their worst can have such a profound positive effect on their life that you may save them from something terrible or even find a great friend that you never Knew existed

1 comment:

  1. "When we hurt each other we should write it down in the sand, so the winds of forgiveness can make it go away for good. When we help each other we should chisel it in stone, lest we never forget the love of a friend." - Christian H. Godefroy

    ReplyDelete