Monday, February 9, 2009

Your Reign on the top was Short like Leprechauns...


What I wrote earlier that I didn't have time to post. I know its 3:00 A.M. but I can't sleep and am trying to find things to get myself there. I find that while most people say rap is not music it is one of the hardest things to write an actual good verse too. I'm not talking about that superman or Peanut Butter Jelly time bullshit I'm talking about rap that actually is complicated and layered and has some weight behind it. Like Biggie or Pac and/or especially Common and Talib Kweli. I feel like true Hip-Hop has lost its soul and its guys like Common, Kweli, Q-tip, and Lupe Fiasco who are the ones who can bring it back to what it once was. This verse that I wrote to me is most like a Biggie rhyme its a shame that he is dead cause he was one of the best.

Discoverin there was a line between the real and the fake; but it got smaller; now everyone wanna tote a gun say they the top baller; But can't all these cats be packin heat, makin this block feel like summer and its only november; got on my blue suedes but that shit ain't cheap; comin to me like you want somethin from me, what do i look like honey a tree that grows money get yo own ho; dont make me pull out my nine and cause your body to flatline; Cause I'm on my grind like all the time

No comments:

Post a Comment